CENTRAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION - COMBINED GRADUATE PRELIM EXAM
The Combined Graduate Prelim Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for selecting the candidates for the main examinations for the following recruitments:
· Assistants Grade [Group `B' Non-Gazetted) for the groups of services/offices like AFHQ CSS, Railway Board, IFS (B) and Posts in offices like Research Designs & Standards Organization, Central Vigilance Commission, etc.
· Inspectors of Central Excise, Income Tax, Preventive Officer in Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers, etc.
· Sub-Inspectors in CBI.
· Sub-Inspectors of Police in Central Police Organizations, [BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP),
· Divisional Accountants/Auditors/Junior Accountants/ UDCs, in various Central Government Departments.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Prelim Examination once a year generally in the month of July for selection of candidates for the main Examination. The Main Examinations for the above mentioned posts are held in the months of Oct. to Dec. Blank application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News, usually in the first week of April. The last date for submission of applications is usually the last week of April.
Candidate's age must lie between [a] 20 to 27 years for Assistant Grade & SIs in CBI [b] 18 to 27 years for inspectors of CE/IT & Div. Acctts/Auditors/UDCs, etc., (c) 20 to 25 years for SIs in CPOs on the first day of the August of the year of Examination.
The upper age limit may be relaxed in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and such other categories of person as may, from time to time, notified in the behalf by the Government of India to the extent and subject to the conditions notified in respect of each categories.
Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
Plan of Examination:
The Combined Preliminary Examination will be of a Test for selection of candidates for the Main Examination for the different categories of posts, mentioned in the first paragraphs, and would comprise the following subjects:
Paper No. of Marks Duration
Part A General 100 100 2hrs
Part B Arithmetic 100 100 2hrs
· Both Parts A & B will be of objective type (multiple choice type).
· Question Papers (Test Booklets) for both the Parts in Preliminary Exam will be set both in English and Hindi.