CENTRAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION - INCOME - TAX/EXCISE INSPECTORS EXAM
The Staff Selection Commission (S.S.C.) conducts this examination every year for recruitment to the following posts:
1. Inspectors' of Central Excise in different Collectorates of Central Excise.
2. Examiner (Ordinary Grade) in Custom House at Mumbai, Calcutta, Goa, Cochin, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam.
3. Preventive Officer (Ordinary Grade) in Custom Houses at Mumbai, Calcutta, Goa, Cochin, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam.
4. Inspector of Income Tax in different charges of the Commissioner of Income-Tax.
5. Assistant Enforcement Officers in the Directorate of Enforcement (FERA).
The examination is held once a year, generally in the month of April. Blank application forms and other particulars are usually published in the Employment News in November of last year. The last date for the submission of application is usually the last week of December of last year.
A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on the first July of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxable in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes Other Backward Classes, Departmental candidates and such other categories of persons as may be decided from time to time.
A candidate must hold degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
Plan of Examination:
The examination comprises: Writ ten Examination in subjects set out in Para 6 below:
Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the Written Test.
Examination Subjects: The subjects of the examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks for each subject will be as follows: