CENTRAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMS - RESERVE BANK OFFICERS
This examination is held every year generally in the month of December by the Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Hong Kong Bank Building, 6th Floor, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Hutatma Chowk, Post Box No. 10009, Mumbai-400001. The advertisement for the examination is published in the Employment News generally in the month of July each year. The last date for submission of applications is generally 3rd week of August.
The Reserve Bank of India Services Selection Board holds the examination in two phases. First Phase-Paper I (Objective Type) of three hours duration is held in the month of December. Second Phase (Descriptive Type) is conducted generally in the month of May in respect of those candidates who are successful' in Objective Type examination (Separately for each test) on the basis of standard prescribed by the Board. It consists of Paper II and Paper III.
A First Class Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade.
A Second Class Master's Degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade.
A Doctorate Degree with 50% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent grade.
A Chartered/Cost Accountant with a Bachelor's Degree.
A Post-Graduate diploma in Management from IIM-Ahmedabad, Bangalore or Calcutta, with a Bachelor's Degree.
21 to 26 years on the 1st July of the year of examination on the basis of Bachelor's Degree.
21 to 28 years on 1st July of the year of examination for candidates applying on the basis of Master's Degree.
The upper age limit is relaxed in respect of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and such other categories of persons as may from time to time be notified in this behalf by the Government of India to the extent and subject to the conditions notified in respect of each category.
Plan of the Examination:
The subjects of the Written Examination (WE), time allowed and maximum marks will be as under:
· Paper I (except the test of English Language) and Paper III will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
· Candidates have the option to answer Paper III either in Hindi or in English.
· Phase II will be conducted in respect of those candidates who are successful in objective paper.
· A candidate has to qualify in each of the objective-type test and descriptive papers separately.
· The aggregate marks of the examination will comprise the marks of Paper II and III of WE. The candidates, who score sufficiently high in order of merit on the basis of these aggregate marks will be called for interview.
· Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in WE and interview taken together.