CENTRAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMS - STENOGRAPHERS GRADE 'C' EXAMINATION
STENOGRAPHERS GRADE 'C' EXAM
The Stenographers' Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of
(i) Central Secretariat Stenographers' Service-Grade C (for inclusion in the Select List of the Grade);
(ii) Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service Grade C (for inclusion in the Select List of the Grade);
(iii) Indian Foreign Service (B)-Grade II of the Stenographers' Cadre;
(iv) Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers' Service Grade C;
(v) Posts of Stenographers in other departments/ organizations Attached Offices of the Govt. of India not participating in above services.
This examination is held once a year generally in the month of March. Blank application forms and other particulars are available usually in the month of October of last year in the Employment News. Last date for submission of application is usually 4th week of November of last year.
A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on the first day of the January of the year in which the examination is held.
The upper age may be relaxed in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and such other categories of persons as may from time to time be notified in this behalf by the Government of India to the extent and subject to the conditions, notified in respect of category.
A candidate should have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent or higher examination from a recognized University or Educational Board.
Plan of the Examination:
The examination comprises:
1. A written test in the subjects as set out in Para 6 below; and
2. Shorthand Tests in Hindi or in English for those who qualify at the written test.
The subjects of the examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks for each subject will as follows:
PART A: Written Test
Paper No: Subject Max. Marks Duration
I. General Test (Objective)
(a) General English 200 2 hours
(b) General Knowledge II.
II Essay 100 2 hours
Shorthand Test in Hindi or English for those who qualify in the written test-300 marks.
· Paper II of the written examination shall be evaluated of only those candidates who attain a minimum qualifying standard in Paper 1 as may be fixed at the discretion of the Commission.
· Paper in General Knowledge and General English will consist of the Objective Type Questions.
· Papers in Essay and General Knowledge will be set both in English and in Hindi.