CENTRAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMS - TRANSMISSION EXECUTIVES' EXAMINATION
This examination is held once a year generally in the month of May for recruitment to the posts of Transmission Executives in All-India Radio/Doordarshan. The blank application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News in the month of January. The last date for the submission of application is usually 4th week of February.
About Rs. 6000 in the scale of Rs. 5000-150-8000.
Rs. 35/- (Rs. Thirty-five only). No fee for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Physically Handicapped and Ex-servicemen.
18 to 30 years on the first January of the year of examination. Upper age limit relaxable for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Physically Handicapped, etc.
(1) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent qualification or a Diploma from National School of Drama, New Delhi or Diploma from the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune or a Diploma in Sound Broadcasting.
(2) Proficiency in the language relevant to the vacancy.
(1) Acquaintance with the culture, traditions and literature of the area concerned.
(2) Knowledge of National and International Affairs.
(3) Record of literacy or dramatic or debating or musical achievements or publications on literacy or scientific subjects.
(4) Knowledge of other languages of the area concerned. 6. Scheme of Examination:
PART I-Written Examination. 400 marks
PART II-Personality Test. 100 marks
The Written Examination consist of the following tests:
1. General Intelligence
2. English Language
3. General Awareness with special reference to the cultural heritage of India 100 200
· The questions are Objective Type each having four alternative responses.
· Candidates would have to attain minimum qualifying marks, as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion, separately in respect of the three tests and also in the aggregate of the three tests taken together.